Terms & Conditions
Your enjoyment, and the enjoyment of all our visitors, is very important to us. Please find information below to help plan your day.
Conditions of entry
Please take care of your own health and safety and our collections during your visit. To ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone, please do not:
• Touch objects on open display
• Ignore alarms, signs, barriers or directions and instructions given by staff
• Leave personal property unattended
• Eat and drink other than in designated areas
• Bring any restricted item (see below) into the Museum
• Fundraise, demonstrate or distribute campaigning material without prior agreement (Please contact us by email: email@example.com)
• Ride bicycles, scooters or any other wheeled item in our hangars, bike racks are provided for visitors.
We welcome all visitors at the RAF Museum. Children aged 11+ are welcome to visit unaccompanied, parents/carers/guardians must be confident that their children are able to pass over an emergency contact number should the Museum staff require it. Other age restrictions may apply for particular experiences.
For learning groups, separate advice and guidance on supervision of children is available here.
The RAF Museum will be operating in a different way in order to support as safe as possible an experience. COVID19 controls are there to benefit everyone.
In order to visit the Museum you must;
· Pre-book a FREE time allocated booking
· Entry will only be permitted to visitors with a confirmed booking
· You will only be allowed access to the Museum at the time stated in your booking. Please be patient if delays are incurred
· If you arrive after your allocated slot the Museum will support entry at the next available time slot, where possible
While visiting, you are expected to;
· In line with government legislation please ensure that every member of your party is wearing a face covering when visiting our galleries, shop and restaurant unless they are exempt from doing so.
· Adhere to all the RAF Museum Terms and Conditions
· Maintain social distancing at all times
· Respect the personal space of other visitors and members of staff
· Respect other visitors who may have an exemption from wearing face coverings
· Follow the prescribed visitor routes at all times
· Utilise facilities, including hand sanitisation points in an appropriate way
· Read and adhere to onsite messaging and instruction
Any visitors behaving in a way that disrupts the enjoyment of other visitors, or compromises social distancing and any other measures put in place by the Museum will be asked to leave the Museum immediately
Animals, other than registered Assistance Dogs accompanying their owners, are not allowed inside any building. Please be aware that there is no parking with shade on a hot day.
Please only use our designated outdoor smoking areas (including electronic cigarettes). Please use the designated bin for your cigarette waste.
Visitors are permitted to use hand-held cameras within the Museum for private and non-commercial purposes, but must not make any recording or take any photograph of any person without the permission of that person.
Non-private or commercial use of cameras/recording devices, and the use of tripods or lighting, is only allowed by prior arrangement. Please contact our Corporate Events team.
We will always let you know if official filming or photography is taking place in the Museum during your visit.
Please look after your personal property during your visit. Any property left unattended may be removed. If you lose any item during your visit, please speak to a member of staff.
· Alcohol may only be consumed if purchased on site, in a designated area
· Clothing with offensive signage or logos
· Animals, with exception of Assistance Dogs
· Potentially dangerous items such as fireworks or knives. Knives which are carried for religious or cultural observance (such as the Kirpan) are normally exempt
· Any clothing or item worn deliberately to obscure the face, but except for face masks and items worn for religious or cultural observance such as a Niqab or Burka
We will sometimes conduct bag searches on arrival. The searches look for restricted items and any other material that might be considered a risk to our collection, or to the health and safety and enjoyment of our visitors.
Any items found will be voluntarily surrendered at the bag-searching point and will be recorded and returned on departure. If our staff find anything they consider to be illegal, they will confiscate it and contact the Police.
Our staff and volunteers
There is a Duty Visitor Experience Supervisor on site whenever we are open to the public, to ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable visit.
All our staff and volunteers are identifiable from their badges and passes.
If our team think you may be causing unreasonable offence to other visitors, or are endangering yourself, others, our property or our collections, they will ask you to stop. Our staff have the authority to escort you from the Museum premises if necessary.
We will not tolerate abuse or violence towards any visitor, contractor, volunteer or member of staff.
Closed Circuit Television
CCTV is in use throughout the Museum. Images are recorded for the purpose of public safety and crime prevention, in line with Data Protection legislation.
Your commitment to us
When you confirm your purchase, you are accepting that these terms and conditions form the basis of any contract between The Royal Air Force Museum and yourself.
No contract exists between you and The Royal Air Force Museum for the sale of any tickets until we have received and accepted your order and received payment in full. Once cleared funds are received, there is a binding contract between us.
The description and price of tickets you order will be shown on The Royal Air Force Museum website at the time you place your order. Prices are in UK Sterling and inclusive of any applicable taxes with there are no surcharges whatsoever. Once you have paid, we will not increase the price of your tickets.
Prices displayed on the site are subject to change without notice. We accept most major credit and debit cards in partnership with our payment gateway. All transactions use Pound Sterling as the currency.
To ensure that your online shopping experience is secure, your credit / debit card details will be encrypted on a secure server to minimize the possibility of someone being able to read them as they are sent over the Internet.
Limitation of Liability
The Royal Air Force Museum total liability for in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise, arising in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of this agreement shall be limited to the price paid for the goods.
The limitation on any exclusion from liability contained in these conditions shall be subject to the provisions of second 2(1) of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.
The Royal Air Force Museum will not be liable in any amount for failure to perform any obligation under this agreement if such failure is caused by the occurrence of any unseen event beyond its reasonable control including without limitation Internet and Communication outages, fire, flood, war or act of God.
If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck out and the remaining provisions shall remain in force.
Cancellation / Refund Policy
Unfortunately we cannot issue any refunds for cancellations.
Coupons, Discounts and Voucher Codes
Coupons, discounts and promotional discount codes offered by Royal Air Force Museum Enterprises Ltd are only for use on the rafmuseum.org.uk and rafmuseumshop.com website, unless otherwise stated.
These types of promotional discounts are not valid for use against the purchase of goods at the Museum’s shops or over the telephone. Nor may they be used in conjunction with another promotional offer.
Once purchased on-line tickets may not be used in conjunction with any other offer. No ticket may be resold. We reserve the right to refuse entry to late arrivals.
Any discounts or offers on-line are available for limited quantities and periods only and shall not be available on bookings made by phone or in person.
Please bring along your booking reference number and/or email print out.
Prices are correct at time of going to press and are subject to change without notification.
Royal Air Force Museum Ltd
RAF Museum London
Grahame Park Way
London, NW9 5LL
020 8205 2266 (General Information)
RAF Museum Cosford